Friday, January 15, 2010

Kids Helping Kids---A Pancake Breakfast for Layla House

It is always inspiring to see kids helping kids! We just received these great photos from Lindsey and Hirut about the pancake breakfast they held for the children of Layla House. Hirut was adopted several years ago and Lindsey is her good friend. They raised over $500 for the children at Layla House. Lindsey sent us the following note about their project:

"I am so happy to help out! I had so much fun putting together this fundraiser. Many people were blessed by it, even here. It's so cool to see how God can work in America and Ethiopia at the same time. My best friend is Hirut--a girl who came through this orphanage. She is a very wonderful friend and this orphanage made a huge difference in her life. I love to hear all her stories from the orphanage. I want to help you guys as much as I can so more kids will get the same chance Hirut did. I love to see the pictures! I have put in some pictures of our fundraising event for you to see. There is also one of me and Hirut. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas. Love, Lindsey"





No comments:

Post a Comment