Help us fill up the new AAI Family Tree Quilt!
AAI's Humanitarian Projects and an
animal, branch or leaf will be placed on this beautiful quilt
in honor of your family, an adopted child or another loved one.
Your generous donation will support:
- Student sponsorships in Ethiopia and Ghana
- Our partner orphanages in Ethiopia, Ghana, Uganda and Burkina Faso
- Opportunity House--our program for special needs children in Ethiopia
- Building a boy's dorm at one of our partner orphanages in Ghana
- Supporting a housing project for vulnerable children in Uganda
- "Good Neighbor" projects to improve sanitation and literacy in the poor neighborhood near Layla House in Ethiopia
- Specialized medical and dental care for orphan children in our programs
- And many other projects benefiting orphan children in the countries where we work
For the past few years, AAI volunteer and quiltmaker Barb Patton has made an annual quilt for us with the drawings of Layla House children. The quilt was then raffled off and the proceeds supported our humanitarian mission. This year we are trying something unique and different---Barb's quilt, shown above, will grace the walls of AAI's office in Port Angeles, WA. It's just waiting for one thing to be complete---the names of our families and supporters---on the leaves, branches, trunk or background! When you make a donation to the AAI Family Tree Quilt, Barb will add your name or that of someone you wish to honor to a section of the quilt. Help us "leaf out" this beautiful tree with a generous gift today!
- $1000 and up: Name on an animal or star to be added to the background (see examples below)
- $500-$999: Name on the trunk of the tree
- $250-$499: Name on a branch of the tree
- $100-$249: Name on a leaf to be added to the tree
Donations can be made online at or by check to the AAI office. Unless an honoree is otherwise specified, your family name will be added to the tree. If you have a special request or questions, contact Susan Poisson-Dollar, AAI Director of Development.